A program of study, or POSt, refers to academic programs you can enrol in. Each program has a series of courses you can take.
Types of Programs
You can apply to any of the following combinations of programs after you complete 4.0 FCEs:
- One specialist
- Two majors
- One major and two minors
Do I need one?
Yes, in order to graduate, you have to be registered in at least one program. Programs are used to determine if you have completed the requirements to graduate and the type of degree you will receive upon graduation.
How do I get a POSt?
- Complete four full-course equivalent credits (4.0 FCEs). When you start classes in first year, you are not already enrolled in a program. You will have to register for a program at the end of your first year after your 4.0 FCEs.
- Choose more than one program and rank your top choices. Note the program codes for each choice. Several factors, like your grades and prerequisites, will determine which of your choices you are accepted into. Once accepted into a program, you will have priority when enrolling into courses for that program.
- For type 1 and type 2 programs, register through ACORN.
- Log into ACORN
- Go to Academics a Enrol & Manage Programs
- For type 1 programs, you can search for your program and enrol in it.
- For type 2 programs, you can submit a request to enrol in the program. Check back to see if your request has been accepted. Once accepted, you can enrol through ACORN.
- For type 3 programs, submit your request to enrol in the program through the Program Enrolment website. Check back at a later date to see if you have been invited to enrol. If accepted, you can enrol in the program through the website.