Recognized Study Groups (RSG) are online, student-led study groups of up to 8 classmates enrolled in the same Faculty of Arts & Science course.
Important Dates for Summer 2021
- Apply now to be an RSG leader for Summer F & Y courses
- Join an RSG for Summer F & Y courses starting on May 10, 2021
- RSG leader applications for Summer S courses open on June 21, 2021
- Join an RSG for Summer S courses starting on July 12, 2021
Learn more about Recognized Study Groups
WHAT IS AN ONLINE RSG?
Recognized Study Groups (RSG) are small, student-led study groups of up to 8 classmates enrolled in the same course within the Faculty of Arts & Science. RSGs meet online through Quercus or Zoom each week.
An RSG for a particular course is created by a student who volunteers to be an RSG Leader. The RSG Leader is trained and chooses the day and time for their RSG to meet. Once the RSG is created, it is opened for classmates to join.
An RSG Leader is not a tutor – they learn alongside the group. All group members participate in the RSG by reviewing course material, asking questions and preparing for tests together.
In addition to your study group meetings, you will also get support from Study Group Assistants who help with study strategies and answering your questions.
WHY SHOULD I LEAD OR JOIN AN RSG?
By leading or joining an RSG, you can:
- Increase your understanding of course material
- Make friends in your course
- Prepare for tests and exams
- Stay focused while studying online
- Learn valuable study skills
In addition, you will earn a Co-Curricular Record (CCR) credit by volunteering to lead an RSG or joining an RSG.
HOW ARE RSGS CREATED?
An RSG is created for a course by one student volunteering to be an RSG Leader. Once the RSG Leader is trained, the group is opened up for students to join. Here is how it works:
- A student applies to be an RSG Leader.
- All student volunteers attend an RSG Leader Training session.
- After training, each Leader can start an RSG by selecting the course and preferred weekly meeting time for their RSG.
- The RSG is posted online.
- All students are invited to join the RSG.
HOW DO I JOIN AN ONLINE RSG?
A list of open RSGs with information about how to join them is posted online. RSGs are only available in courses where a student has volunteered to lead an RSG. To ensure there’s an RSG in your course, consider signing up to lead an RSG. If you don’t find your course listed, check back next week to see new RSGs posted.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or use the chat box to connect with us.