Program Exploration Days is a series of drop-in events to support students:
- Learn about all the academic programs of study available
- Speak with faculty, staff, alumni and current students enrolled in programs that spark your interest
- Ask questions and hear from academic advisors and program coordinators
Program Exploration Days support first-year students who will be applying to programs, but any students interested in program exploration can attend.
February 7: Computer Science: This event has now passed. Please contact the following departments for information about these programs.
February 14: Math & Physical Sciences: This event has now passed. Please contact the following departments for information about these programs.
- Actuarial Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Statistical Sciences
February 15: Life Sciences. This event has now passed. Please contact the following departments for information about these programs.
- Cell and Systems Biology
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Human Biology
- Laboratory Medicine & Pathobiology
- Pharmacology & Toxicology
- School of the Environment
February 16: Social Sciences & Humanities. This event has now passed. Please contact the following departments for information about these programs.
- Asian Institute
- Art History
- American Studies
- Buddhism, Psychology & Mental Health
- Cinema Studies Institute
- Criminology and Sociolegal Studies
- Critical Studies in Equity and Solidarity
- Centre for Diaspora and Transnational Studies
- Centre for Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies
- Centre for European, Russian, Eurasian Studies (CERES)
- Ethics, Society & Law (Trinity College)
- International Relations (Trinity College)
- Department of Geography and Planning
- Centre for Indigenous Studies
- Centre for Industrial Relations and Human Resources
- Institute for the History & Philosophy of Science and Technology
- Department of Italian Studies
- Anne Tanenbaum Centre for Jewish Studies
- Near & Middle Eastern Civilizations
- Public Policy (Munk School)
- Peace, Conflict and Justice Program
- Rotman Commerce
- School of the Environment
- Sexual Diversity Studies
- St. Michael’s College – Book & Media Studies, Celtic Studies, Christianity & Culture, Mediaeval Studies
- Department for the Study of Religion
- University College – Cognitive Science Program + Canadian Studies + Health Studies
- Urban Studies Program
- Writing and Rhetoric Program
- Victoria College Programs
- Women & Gender Studies Institute
Program Exploration at your College & Department
In addition to Program Exploration Days, you can attend events hosted by your college and academic departments. At these events you can work with an academic advisor to enrol in programs, talk to a professor in a program that interests you or ask questions about the programs. Find events at your college and academic departments below.
EVENTS HOSTED BY THE ACADEMIC UNITS AND DEPARTMENTS +
Department of Chemistry
Chemistry Program Information Online Sessions – March 7 & March 9 at 7 pm
- Come and join Professor Andy Dicks (Associate Chair Undergraduate) to hear about the fantastic program and research opportunities in Chemistry! These very informal sessions will outline the choice of ten undergraduate programs that Chemistry hosts along with the myriad of careers that our students embark in after taking them. Second-year course options will be discussed along with the chance for students to ask as many questions as they wish :).
- Join the sessions on Zoom
- For more information, visit the Chemistry website.
EVENTS HOSTED BY THE COLLEGES +
St. Michael’s College
Program Exploration workshops offered by the SMC Registrar’s Office Advisors – January 30, February 9, February 13, March 1, March 7
- Learn more about applying to your programs of interest in the Faculty of Arts & Science, review program enrollment requirements and navigate ACORN together in this virtual session to get you started on your academic path!
- Monday January 30, 2023 2:00 pm-4:00 pm EST JOIN HERE
- Thursday February 9, 2023 10:00 am-12:00 pm EST JOIN HERE
- Monday February 13, 2023 10:00 am-12:00 pm EST JOIN HERE
- Wednesday March 1, 2023 10:00 am-12:00 pm EST JOIN HERE
- Tuesday March 7, 2023 2:00 pm -4:00 pm EST JOIN HERE
Program Enrolment, Selection and Planning Sessions – February 9, February 15 and March 14
- The Vic Office of the Registrar & Academic Advising is putting on three sessions, one in person and two on Zoom, to go over the program selection process from planning to enrolment — with an emphasis on answering student questions including those specific to certain disciplinary areas (life science, humanities, social science etc.)
- Feb 9 (In Person) – 3:30 – 5 pm, VC115
- Feb 15 (Zoom) – 10 – 11:30 am
- Mar 14 (Zoom) – 2 – 3:30 pm
- Information can be found on the Academic Advising Quercus page.
- Registration (not required but will help us know numbers and what key issues to talk about!)
A&S Program Information Sessions
These sessions have passed. Please contact your College Registrar’s Office for help with program enrolment.
Learn how to choose your program of study, understand program requirements and how to use important tools including the Program Toolkit, ACORN and the Academic Calendar. College Academic Advisors will also be available to answer questions and provide one-on-one drop-in advising.
See the Alphabetical List of Programs >>