Your education is one of the biggest investments of your life. Make sure you know the deadlines and options for paying your fees.
Find your invoice:
- Check your mail or go to ACORN to print your invoice after you enrol in classes.
- Your invoice will include tuition fees plus any college, incidental, ancillary fees and residence fees if you are staying in residence.
In order to be registered in your classes, you must pay or defer your fees by the deadline listed on the Academic Dates page. If you miss the deadline, you may be removed from your courses.
Pay or defer your fees by the August deadline.
Pay or defer your fees by the April deadline.
You have three options for your fees.
- Defer your fees payment (through ACORN) if you are waiting for financial aid to arrive.
- Pay your fees in full.
- Pay the first installment of your fees in order to register and pay the remaining amount at a later date.
Note: You will be charged a service charge on any outstanding balance. Make sure you are aware of when your full fees is due.
How to pay:
Follow the steps below to make sure your fees are paid on time.
- Print off your invoice from ACORN
- Locate your financial institution
Pay your fees through a bank in person, online or through telephone banking. Remember, fees payments are not accepted on campus. You can also make a payment using a credit card through ACORN.
Use Western Union’s GlobalPay or send a bank draft or money order in Canadian funds to the University of Toronto. Or make a payment using a credit card through ACORN.
- Set up U of T as one of your payee accounts by providing your financial institution with your U of T student account number and the name “University of Toronto” if you pay by phone or online.
- Your U of T student account number is displayed on the invoice format of your account on ACORN. The account number consists up to the first five characters of your surname (in capital letters) and 10 numbers which is your student number
- Save your confirmation number in case there is a delay in processing your payment. If you paid after the deadline, make sure you get proof of payment showing the date you paid, and show it to your college registrar’s office as soon as possible.
Once you have paid/deferred your fees, you can check your status in ACORN (top right of the window). If the status is “REG”, it means that your payment was received and you are registered in your courses. If the status is “INVIT”, it means that you may be removed from your courses.