Good time management will inevitably reduce stress and help you perform better on assignments and tests. Make “all-nighters” a thing of the past with these time management resources:
- The Assignment Calculator can create a work-back schedule for you! Simply select the type of assignment you’re working on, along with the due date, and let it break the entire assignment down into smaller, more manageable daily tasks.
- Visit the Student Life office to check out the many resources to help you with time management including workshops, handouts, self-assessments to determine how well you manage your time, apps like FocusBooster and assistive technology.
- Get a free academic planner or wall calendar from your student union so you can make and update to-do lists.
- Speak to a Learning Strategist.
Time Management Tips
- Be realistic about how long each task may take to accomplish, which will help to ensure tasks don’t pile up and create stress.
- Use daily, weekly, and monthly planners to identify deadlines.
- Begin large projects early by breaking them into small tasks.
- Have a contingency plan. Sometimes the unexpected will occur, such as illness, a family emergency, transit delays, or winter weather.