Physical activity helps with mental health, concentration and overall wellness. The best way to be more physically active is simply to get out there and participate in a physical activity. Here are some activities available to you around campus.
- The Athletic Centre is the largest facility on campus. It has seven gyms, three pools, a strength and conditioning centre, an indoor track, dance studio, tennis and squash courts, steam rooms and much more.
- Hart House has an indoor Fitness Centre with a pool, squash courts, an indoor track and a multi-level gym. They also offer classes for archery, Zumba, swimming and much more.
- Varsity Centre has an outdoor stadium and field for track, soccer, football and other outdoor events. In the winter, the field is covered with an air-supported dome to allow you to use it comfortably in the colder months. Varsity Centre also has an indoor arena which is converted into a skating rink in the winter.
- Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport is a multi-story sport and exercise facility with internationally-rated courts for basketball and volleyball. It also has a strength and conditioning centre, a fitness studio and a sport medicine clinic.
- Back Campus Fields are two outdoor synthetic turf fields that are used for field hockey, soccer, Ultimate, lacrosse and other sports.
- Join one of the sports and recreation programs like cheerleading, diving, fencing, squash, table tennis and much more!
- Intramural Sports are a great way to make friends while staying active. You can choose from a range of sports including soccer, hockey, basketball and ultimate frisbee. You also have the option to join a team with your college or faculty.
- Varsity Blues has 44 teams representing U of T in 24 different sports including basketball, football, hockey and volleyball. As a U of T student, you get free access to regular season games. You can also try out to join one of the Varsity Blues teams.
- Join a student club that focuses on athletics and recreation such as dance, bodybuilding, archery, jiu jitsu and much more.
- MoveU is a campaign to help you learn how physical activity can improve your performance in the classroom. Keep an eye out for the MoveU team on campus.