- If you have an exam schedule conflict, report the conflict to the Faculty of Arts & Science Registrar's Office by November 29, 2019. An exam conflict occurs when you have two exams scheduled at the same time or you have three consecutive exams.
- If you have a religious conflict and cannot write an exam at the scheduled time due to a religious obligation, report the conflict to the Faculty of Arts & Science Registrar's Office by November 29, 2019.
Be on Time
- Arrive at the exam room 20 minutes early. Doors open 15 minutes before the start of the exam.
- If you are running late for an exam, speak with the Exam Facilitator in the exam room as soon as you arrive. They will be able to discuss your options with you and may be able to help you avoid filing a petition.
- Bring your TCard, pens and pencils (no pencil cases can be on the desk), a clear water bottle with no labels, and any aids allowed by the instructor.
- Cell phones and smartwatches are considered unauthorized aids and are not allowed during exams. Turning off your cell phone and smartwatch during exams is not enough. Make sure that you put them away. If you are caught with a cell phone or smartwatch on you, even if they are turned off, it may be considered an academic offence.
- Place your coat or jacket on the back of your chair.
- With the exception of pens, pencils, clear water bottles and authorized aids, place all of your belongings into your bag. Place your bag under your chair and don't touch it during the exam.
Note: In addition to your TCard, the following photo identification are also permitted:
- Up-to-date Passport (any country)
- Current Driver’s License (any country)
- Current Canadian health card (any province or territory)
During the Exam
- Follow the Exam Facilitator's instructions – they’ll tell you when to start and stop writing.
- If you have any questions during the exam, raise your hand and wait for the Exam Facilitator.
- If you have to go to the washroom during the exam, raise your hand and wait for the Exam Facilitator.
- If you complete your exam early, raise your hand and stay in your seat until the Exam Facilitator collects your exam. If you complete your exam in the last 15 minutes, stay in your seat until all the exams have been collected.
- Focus on your own exam and do not communicate with anyone else except the Exam Facilitators.
- If you feel ill during the exam and have to leave before completing the exam, make sure to let the Exam Facilitator know before leaving the exam room. They will ask you to sign a form and will explain the next steps to you.
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency and cannot make it to the exam, or you are feeling too sick to write your exam, you can file a petition to defer your exam. By filing a petition, you will be considered to write your exam at a later date.
Visit the Accessible Timeline.