To help you get the most out of ACORN, some U of T students shared their ACORN hacks.
COURSE ENROLMENT HACKS
- You can create a wishlist of courses by adding them to your enrolment cart. This makes it easier to actually enrol in the courses during enrolment period.
- When you are registering for courses, make sure you have the complete course codes (letters and numbers). This will make it easier to search for courses in ACORN.
- You can only enrol in one course at a time, so prioritize your course list.
- When enrolling in courses, make sure you are selecting courses offered on your campus.
- In ACORN, it is possible to register in courses that don’t have a location or time finalized. Be sure to check your timetable for the time and location.
- Avoid enrolling in courses that conflict with each other. If their exams are scheduled at the same time, you will not be able to defer them.
You can check your registration status on the top of the page. Here are the possible registration statuses and what they mean:
- INVIT (Invited): You are enrolled in courses but have not paid your fees or you can enrol in courses in the next session.
- REG (Registered): You have enrolled in at least one course and have either paid the minimum fees or deferred the fees.
- CANC (Cancelled): You were previously registered but have cancelled your registration.
- DEREG (Deregistered): You were enrolled in courses for most of the session but have withdrawn all your courses without academic penalty. You are not eligible to enrol in courses for the current session.
- FINCA (Financially Cancelled): You enrolled in your courses but did not pay the minimum fees. You are not eligible to enrol in courses for the current session.
- The dashboard in ACORN shows your daily schedule and location of classes and exams.
- You can export your timetable in ACORN and add it to your personal calendar like iCal and Google Calendar.
- In ACORN, you can set up direct deposit for refunds and you can pay through a credit card.
- You can print off tax slips and invoices directly through ACORN.
GRADES AND TRANSCRIPTS HACKS
- ACORN is the only place where you will find your official grades.
- You can track the progress you have made in your semester and your degree through the planning tools.
- If you need to order transcripts, you don’t have to go to the Transcript Office. You can order them through ACORN.
- Treat ACORN like your central hub at U of T. It has links to all the resources available to you, including Health and Wellness, extra-curricular events, student life and much more.
- Use the Help & Contact button on the top right to access the ACORN How-To Guide and the accompanying instructional videos.
- Use the Help & Contact button to send a screenshot to your registrar and ask for help.
Do you know any hacks that aren’t on this list? Get in touch with us and let us know!